Sometimes, we need a little jumpstart to get our mornings going and coffee is something we seriously could not bRUNch without. Our wonderful and gracious friends at Logan House Coffee Co. have shared some tips on how to use an aeropress to make some delicious coffee.
An aeropress is one of Logan House Coffee Company’s favorite ways to make a clean, small cup of coffee. There are several ways to use this awesome, portable brewer at home, camping or anyplace you can come up with some hot water.
What you’ll need: Aeropress, spoon, coffee, grinder, water
Coffee/Water Ratio: 17 g of coffee to 8 oz. of water
Brew Time: 1.5 minutes
Grind: Fine, table salt
- Boil: Bring your water to boil.
- Grind: Finely grind 17 grams of coffee to prepare it for your aeropress.
- Prep: Place the filter on top of your mug and run the hot water through the filter to clean it. Discard the water. Now your aeropress filter is ready.
- Prime: Assembly your aeropress without the filter in it and pour the coffee onto the plunger.
- Pour: Slowly pour water onto the grounds, and fill the aeropress with water. Wait 1 minute.
- Flip: Here’s the trick! Attached the filter to the aeropress. Place your mug over the filtered end. Now carefully flip the aeropress and mug upside-down.
- Plunge: Get close to your aeropress for this step. Gently start plunging for about 25-30 seconds for a total brew time of 1:25-1:30.
- Clean: Clean your aeropress by taking off the basket and filter and rinse with any leftover hot water and you’re ready for your next brew.